This post may contain affiliate links from my advertisers. See my Advertiser Disclosure here.
Well, the results are in and I LOVE it! Here’s why:
For just $1699 ($699 annual fee+$1000 minimum spend), I got:
- 75,000 bonus points (which is enough to fly return to Europe in Premium Economy!)
- 1250 points on the minimum spend at 1.25/$
- 2 x $200 annual travel credit (convertible into a statement credit)
- Access to over 850 airport lounges world-wide including the Platinum Lounge Benefit, Delta Skyclub, Centurion Lounge and Studio, and Priority Pass (for most of these, I can bring a guest for free)
- Elite status at Starwood Preferred Guest, Fairmont President’s club, Hilton Honors, Club Carlson, and many other special access hotel and tour perks.
- Car rental discounts and perks with Avis, Hertz, and Carey Limosine Services
- Airline discounts and upgrades through the International Airline Program
- Cruise credits and perks with the Cruise Privileges Program
- Special Events access and perks (it’s like a whole secret world for rich people is suddenly available to me)
- Insurance on travel and so many things, I’m pretty sure I’m covered for almost anything I can imagine (eg: I bought my new iPhone SE with this card and am covered for the first 90 days even if I drop it out of an airplane into shark-infested waters, or it’s stolen after having coffee spilled all over it. I also get double the manufacturer’s warranty up to an additional year. Take THAT Applecare!)
- $1000 of regular spending on stuff I’d be buying anyway. For me, that included: 4 months worth of contacts (bought using a promo code <try TENOFF for 10% off and free shipping> at <a href=”http://Contacts at Clearly.ca“>Clearly), an iPhone SE (bought through the Aeroplan portal with a 3x points offer), a Subway gift card (bought $25 GC and got a free 6-inch sub), accessories for the new iPhone from Amazon (bought through the GCR portal), and a Starbucks gift card (bought through Virgin Mobile myBenefits promo code to score an extra 33%)
- Bonus of 25,000 points for every successful referral when you get your friends in on this too!
- Concierge service that actually seems interested in helping with stuff
My favourite things about this card:
- 75, 000 bonus points when signing up via a referral by June 29, 2016
- $400 in statement credits (theoretically for travel)
- Lounge access all over the world
- Hotel status (may be able to status match to other programs)
- Great insurance
- 1.25 points/dollar
- Potentially earning points for referring friends
Even looking just a few of this cards perks, I think the annual fee is worth it (at least for the first year). I think of it as $699-200 travel credit-200 travel credit=$299 for a trip to Europe (with lounge access). Would you pay $299 for a trip to Europe? Of course you would! So, you should probably get this card (and get it by referral before June 29, 2016, or you’ll only get 50,000 points).
**Do you have this card? Have you found a better one? Share your experience in the comments section here and remember to “Like” this page on Facebook to keep seeing posts like this and more. If you’d like to support this blog, please check out my referral links. Sharing is caring, so tell your friends!**